Follow

Sunday 5 August 2012

Review | Collection's CreamPuff Matte Lip Creams

Hey everyone! Today I thought I'd write a review (oh no, not another one!) on Collection's CreamPuff Matte Lip Creams. I come across these bad boys last month and if I'm brutally honest, I didn't think they'd be completely what I was looking for but at £2.99 they were worth a shot. Once using one for the first time, I was absolutely hooked. I did speak about the one I owned in my July Favourites blog post and I obviously praised them- so after I bought my second I thought that I should share with you guys how awesome these things actually are.

Fairy Cake (top) and Candy Floss (bottom).


Candy Floss was the lip cream I mentioned in my July Favourites. This lip cream is a gorgeous plum colour that could be a pretty good dupe for Mac Pink Plaid. Initially, I did want to buy Fairy Cake first, but Tesco's only seemed to offer me the tester version- which I thought was vile. So, I went with Candy Floss- which I'm very happy with. It's a lovely autumn colour that would look good with most skin tones. It does exactly what it says on the packaging- "velvety soft, matte finish lip cream". I know some people (including myself) can be quite skeptical of Collection 2000 makeup mainly because it's so cheap- you wonder if it'll actually work. Well this product, I can confirm, works wonders. The finish on it looks completely matte, but it doesn't dry out your lips like some matte products can. This applies to all of the Matte Lip Creams that Collection has to offer.



Secondly, I managed to get my hands on Fairy Cake. It's a stunning coral colour, which I think suits my skin tone perfectly and is completely smooth and soft to apply to the lips. This is definitely more of a summer colour in comparison to Candy Floss, but I absolutely love them both equally. They smell kind of like playdough- but it dissapears after a while of being on your lips. The Lip Cream, however, seems to stay on for a long time, even if you drink from a glass or eat a meal! It doesn't appear to tarnish one bit and rarely needs touching up at all. I think as it's quite a thick product, it just clings to your lips so it means you don't have to constantly check to make sure it hasn't smudged off onto a glass. They aren't the brightest of colours, so you don't have to worry if you might have slightly discoloured teeth- you can't really tell as the Lip Creams aren't available in bright colours (like red, for example).


Overall, a highly recommended product from me, especially if you don't want to fork out around £5-£8 on a tube that might not work the way that you wanted it to, so if you think by my description this is what you've been on the look out for, get yourself down to a store that sells Collection makeup and pick up some of this miracle stuff.

I hope that you enjoyed today's blog post! If there's anything that you'd like me to write about, leave a comment, tweet me up or send me an email (address is on my contact page). Have a great day and looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers